Description: Come and shine with the stars of LeClairRyan! Since its inception, LeClairRyan has grown exponentially and is now home to over 340 attorneys with offices in 16 states and the District of Columbia. LeClairRyan is currently seeking an Intellectual Property Associate Attorney or Patent Agent in Dearborn, Michigan who will contribute to overall success and help secure the bright future of the Firm.
LeClairRyan’s Dearborn, Michigan office is located on Town Center Drive. The office is comprised of approximately six professional support staff and four litigation attorneys whose practice areas include employment, business, construction, consumer financial services, and Intellectual Property and Technology. Members of LeClairRyan’s Detroit office contribute to LeClairRyan’s professional reputation, fostering a team environment focused on maintaining LeClairRyan’s high standards of client service and legal practice.
This position will work with the patent prosecution team on matters primarily relating to the mechanical engineering field. Position will involve U.S. and foreign patent prosecution practice (with an emphasis on patent prosecution and enforcement in China), including inventor interviews, preparation of patent applications, office action responses, and patentability search reports. The position will also provide opportunities to assist on freedom-to-operate, patentability, and inventorship opinions, as well as on various post-issuance practice projects.
• 2+ years of patent prosecution experience required.
• Technical degree in electrical or mechanical engineering required.
• Superior academic credentials and very strong writing skills and oral communication skills.
• Portable business preferred but not required
• Attorney candidates, must be admitted to a state bar and be registered to practice before the USPTO.
• Patent Agent candidates, must be registered to practice before the USPTO.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
Expires on - 06/30/2017