Brooks Kushman, P.C. is currently seeking an experienced docketing specialist. Candidates must have Patent docketing experience.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Review all incoming client mail (including U.S. Mail, e-mail, courier packages, faxes) to determine due dates or reminder dates that need to be entered into Firm’s computerized docketing database.
• Analyze US and foreign IP prosecution correspondence, identify applicable information, and enter into the docket system (CPI)
• Enter all due dates and reminder dates as appropriate into docketing database.
• Prepare reports as needed
• Assist other IP Docketing team members in double-checking to ensure all dates docketed are accurate.
• Follow strict department and procedural guidelines
• Calendar and docket IP due dates in docket system
• Monitor and maintain integrity of data in docket system
• Stay informed of US and foreign PTO rules and procedures
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager
• Familiarity with CPI or similar docketing database
• Familiarity with client intakes and updating the database with the file history Minimum of three years of experience in computerized docket databases.
• Working Knowledge of procedures and practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; Foreign docketing experience preferred but not required
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
Expires on - 11/06/2018