Howard & Howard, a leading Midwest business law firm, with a significant Intellectual Property practice group, is currently seeking a Patent Agent or Technical Advisor to join our Royal Oak, Michigan office. The ideal candidate will have the ability to digest and explain detailed technical and engineering disclosures in a variety of fields, possess the skills necessary to handle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as strong writing skills.
The primary responsibilities of this position may include discussing the scientific aspects of inventions with clients and inventors; evaluating and reporting on the technological aspects of inventions and other scientific matters; communicating with staff, clients, vendors, PTO, and agency; conducting regulatory and factual research; performing prior art searches; preparing draft patent applications. Training is available for patent-specific skills. Registration with the USPTO is required. Apply today!
• Technical degree (engineering, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Qualified to sit for the patent bar, if not already licensed to practice before the USPTO
• Outstanding academic credentials
• Excellent written, verbal, and technical skills
• Advanced technical degree
• Experience working as an engineer or scientist
• Experience drafting and reviewing patent applications
• CAD proficiency
• Experience with computer programming
• Experience designing medical devices
Please submit resume, transcripts (undergraduate and/or graduate), and a writing sample to email@example.com. Howard & Howard offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Howard & Howard
450 West Fourth Street
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Phone: (248) 645-1483
Expires on - 10/27/2018