Bejin Bieneman, PLC, is seeking a part-time to full-time patent searcher. We will train the right candidate; this is an excellent opportunity for an engineer to learn about patent law. Your job duties will include analyzing invention disclosures, working with a patent attorney to formulate a search strategy, and then searching for patent prior art using online databases. Other possible duties include invalidity searching and/or freedom-to-operate searching. Your minimum availability must be 25 hours per week. Compensation will be on an hourly basis.
The successful candidate must have an engineering degree; experience in automotive engineering is a plus. This position allows the opportunity to work from home after an initial training period with a requirement to be in the office half a day (or potentially less) once or twice a week. Meeting times in the office will be flexible. A physical work space is available if the candidate desires to work in the office.
Bejin Bieneman is a boutique full-service intellectual property law firm with a national practice based in Southfield, Michigan. We are committed to growing our practice, and are looking for smart, like-minded people to join us in that effort.
Bejin Bieneman is an equal opportunity employer. To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and all post-secondary transcripts to our Human Resources Manager,
• Meeting with attorneys to receive invention disclosures and searching instructions.
• Reviewing the invention disclosure and conducting prior art search using online databases.
• Drafting summaries of search results and meeting with attorneys to report the results of the search.
• Engineering or science degree, preferably electrical, computer engineering, mechanical, systems engineering, or physics.
• Engineering experience, especially automotive engineering, is a plus.
• Self-motivated and attentive to deadlines.
• Ability to partner with assigning attorney to receive instruction and report search results, and the ability to work independently to conduct the prior art search after receiving instruction.
• Prior patent searching experience is a plus, but not required. Training will be provided.
Dan Ryan at email@example.com.
Expires on - 01/19/2018