Honigman is a premier business law firm based in Michigan with an international practice. Recently recognized in Detroit as one of the Best and Brightest Places to Work and a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press, we earned this recognition by recruiting attorneys and staff members with outstanding credentials. With more than 280 attorneys working in 60 different areas of concentration, Honigman provides timely and cost-effective counsel to clients in numerous industries.
We are seeking an experienced Trademark Paralegal/Specialist in our Ann Arbor or Bloomfield Hills office to provide legal support to our trademark practice group on a variety of tasks, focusing on the maintenance and protection of trademarks.
• Assist trademark attorneys with management of trademark docket.
• Handle all aspects of USPTO trademark filings (new applications, prosecution, maintenance, renewals, assignments) as well as assist with routine TTAB filings (oppositions, cancellations).
• Communicate with foreign counsel regarding foreign trademark filings, prosecution and maintenance.
• Manage trademark docket for deadlines.
• Preparation of trademark reports for clients.
• Communication with clients regarding deadlines and trademark prosecution matters.
• One year experience as a trademark professional required, four (4)+ years of trademark paralegal experience preferred.
• Experience with all aspects of USPTO trademark practice (prosecution, maintenance).
• Strong organizational skills; versatile and adaptable; able to multi-task in a busy environment.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PATTSY (or equivalent docketing software), USPTO databases, and similar trademark research tools. Prefer experience with SAEGIS or other search platforms.
• Must be a problem solver, willing to work and think with independence, handle confidential information with discretion, and accept responsibility for producing work that is consistently complete and accurate.
• Excellent communicator with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Work well independently, and as a team player.
• Strong attention to detail with follow-up skills and the ability to track multiple dockets.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. If you are a top performer and are interested in joining an exemplary team, we want to speak with you!
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
2290 First National Building, 660 Woodward Ave
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: (313) 465-7000
Expires on - 11/14/2017