Intellectual Property Administrative Assistant – Reising EthingtonDetails
Reising Ethington P.C. is looking for a full-time IP Secretary.
The candidate will provide secretarial support to attorneys related to the patent prosecution process including: Preparing routine correspondence, reading and routing mail, file maintenance; Preparing applications, responses and other patent prosecution documents for filing with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and reporting filings to clients; Monitoring, processing and satisfying attorney’s dockets; Experience is a plus.
About Reising Ethington P.C.:
Since its founding in Detroit in 1865, Reising Ethington has specialized solely in the practice of intellectual property (IP) law. Areas of expertise include IP prosecution and litigation, managing worldwide patent and trademark portfolios, trade secrets, licensing and other IP-related agreements. The firm represents some of the world’s most innovative and foremost IP owners: automotive manufacturers and suppliers, medical technology companies, aerospace companies, universities, industrial equipment makers, robotics companies, and consumer product companies.
Reising Ethington makes it a priority to attract great employees and to keep them. This is evidenced by the professionalism and long term stability of our work force, from our attorneys to our staff. In addition to competitive wages, we offer many other benefits including, but certainly not limited to, competitive health care coverage, paid time off and a profit sharing plan for retirement.
If you meet the requirements above and believe that you would be a great long term contribution to our team, we would love to hear from you.
Expires on - 05/03/2017Share
IP Engineer (Electrical or Software) – Polaris Industries, Inc.Details
JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the Intellectual Property Team within Engineering Operations, maintain awareness of technical developments and focus on Intellectual Property (IP) issues in assigned product and project teams.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of assigned Polaris product lines
• Integrate with assigned product and project teams
• Implement LEAN operation principles to create optimized and efficient IP processes
• Perform competitive patent searches to identify industry technology trends, develop a strategy to protect key technologies, and assess the competitive patent landscape
• Providing IP intelligence to the business through investigation and monitoring of third-party intellectual property.
• Managing outside counsel in the U.S. and abroad, and working within a budget.
• Perform and distribute regular competitive patent search reports for Off-Road, Snow, Motorcycle, Powertrain, SxS, LEV, international, and diversification initiatives as required, and categorize competitive patents by system and component
• Provide periodic overview of the competitive patent landscape to the product and project teams
• Conduct product patent mining sessions and assist in the development of a patent filing plan
• Review and approve new invention disclosures
• Prepare and present IP updates through the Polaris development process for assigned product and project teams
• Provides assistance to engineers in the preparation of complete invention disclosures as an integral part of the technical development process.
• Perform competitive patent clearance searches and facilitate reviews within assigned product and project teams
• Collaborate with outside patent counsel to prepare and prosecute patent and design applications
Wyoming or Roseau, MN
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
IP Engineer requirements:
• Minimum of 4 year degree, BSEE or BSME degree with control system and electronics experience preferred. Would consider other technical degrees with qualifying experience.
• Must have the ability to read and understand complex patent laws, rules, and procedures.
• Must be able to communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand format.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prefer 3-5 years Engineering experience.
• Prefer experience in patent searching and patent prosecution.
• Motivated, proactive and confident with a strong drive and will to perform, while also being flexible to handle both large and small projects with enthusiasm.
• Must be able to take ownership of projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment.
Sr. IP Engineer Requirements:
• Additional 2-5 years of experience practicing patent prosecution in a law firm or corporate IP department with a sophisticated patent practice. Thorough knowledge of patent law and international patent procurement practices and procedures.
• Must be registered to practice before the USPTO.
• Experience with the manufacturing and/or consumer product industries
Expires on - 06/30/2017Share
Patent Attorney or Agent – Honigman Miller (Ann Arbor)Details
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP seeks an attorney or patent agent for its Patent Practice Group in Ann Arbor, Michigan. This position is appropriate for attorneys with 1-3 years of experience or patent agents having at least 5 years of experience in patent prosecution. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, or a related field and a strong record of academic achievement. The position involves drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the life science, chemical, biopharmaceutical, bioengineering, and biotechnological arts.
Honigman is a leading business law firm based in Michigan with an international practice. Headquartered in Detroit with offices in Lansing, Bloomfield Hills, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo, Michigan and Chicago, Illinois the firm has attorneys practicing in more than 50 different areas of concentration. Honigman’s highly-credentialed attorneys and staff, along with its customer-service focus, provide clients in a wide variety of industries timely and cost-effective counsel. The Patent Practice Group has developed a specialized practice that combines technical proficiency, industry experience, and extensive legal knowledge. The firm represents a wide array of clients in such areas as software, business methods, consumer products, automotive, medical services, medical devices, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology.
Expires on - 07/28/2017Share
Patent Legal Assistant/Secretary – Brooks KushmanDetails
Brooks Kushman, P.C. is currently seeking an experienced patent prosecution legal assistant. Candidates must have a minimum of three years of recent patent prosecution experience.
The patent legal assistant will assist attorneys with the preparation, prosecution and maintenance of domestic and international patents, and provide general intellectual property legal assistant support.
Specific patent prosecution responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: preparing documentation and electronically filing U.S. and PCT patent applications, Declarations, Assignments, Application Data Sheets, Responses to Office Action, and other standard patent prosecution documentation; preparing Information Disclosure Statements, including cross-referencing to extensive patent families; proofreading issued patents and preparing Requests for Certificate of Correction; corresponding with foreign counsel; drafting reporting correspondence to clients; maintaining physical and electronic files; determining next steps for incoming correspondence, including setting up shell working documents; substantively reviewing and updating patent docket; shared responsibility with attorneys for ensuring all deadlines are met; and other related tasks and duties as requested.
General intellectual property legal assistant responsibilities include preparation of substantive communications under attorney direction, performing internet research and reporting results, and general secretarial duties.
Expires on - 08/15/2017Share
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Associate – Brinks Gilson & Lione (Ann Arbor)Details
BRINKS GILSON & LIONE, an intellectual property law firm with more than 135 attorneys and scientific advisors, seeks an attorney with an electrical or mechanical engineering background and 1-3 years of patent prosecution and litigation experience for its Ann Arbor office. The ideal candidate can prepare and prosecute patent applications and write opinions relating to a wide range of electrical and mechanical arts. The candidate also has superior academic credentials, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply online at www.brinksgilson.com or send cover letter, resume, undergraduate and law school transcripts, and a writing sample to Mary Kate Driscoll, Director of Recruitment, Diversity, and Attorney Development at Brinks Gilson & Lione, NBC Tower, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 3600, Chicago, IL 60611. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Expires on - 08/16/2017Share
Patent Attorney – Brose North AmericaDetails
Main aim of job
Serves as Intellectual Property Counsel for Brose North America; Fosters IP awareness and ensures increased focus on IP efforts in Brose’s the North American organization.
Specific duties and responsibilities (max. 10)
– Contact point for project teams and engineers regarding all IP related matters
– IP consultation and training of engineers in order to raise IP awareness
– Introduction of Brose IP processes, monitoring and maintaining such IP processes
– Ensuring IP project checks according to Brose Product Development Process
– Identification of inventions and evaluation of such inventions with regard to patentability
– Conducting prior art patent searches with internal software tool “patbase”
– Conducting freedom to operate searches
– Observing third party IP rights, focused on local US competitors
– Contact point for the local representatives of Divisions
– Contact point for German Patent Committees of Divisions & preparation and presentation of patent information related to Brose North America inventions
– Interface to local external patent attorneys for patent prosecution and coordination of possible patent disputes
– Supporting the Central Patent Department with regard to inventor remuneration calculations
– Checking IP clauses in contracts (in cooperation with legal department)
– Drafting US patent applications and conducting patent prosecution (depending on qualification and experience of candidate)
Formal education / course of study
JD, Intellectual Property Law
Licensed Patent Attorney/Agent
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Professional experience (years, function)
Patent Attorney or Agent with emphasis on the Automotive Industry, i.e. mechanical and electromechanical parts for a minimum of 2 years.
Experience within engineering field focused on mechanical/electrical components/products
Specialized knowledge and skills
Conducted prior art patent searches.
Conducted freedom to operate searches.
Investigated and validated potentially infringing products.
Familiar with the patent application and review process of the USPTO.
Ideally worked with inventors regarding scope and description of patentable inventions.
Prepared patent applications (claims, summary, detailed descriptions, drawings)
Brose North America
3933 Automation Ave.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Phone: (248) 339-4414
Expires on - 06/30/2017Share
Associate Attorney or Patent Agent (LeClairRyan)Details
Description: Come and shine with the stars of LeClairRyan! Since its inception, LeClairRyan has grown exponentially and is now home to over 340 attorneys with offices in 16 states and the District of Columbia. LeClairRyan is currently seeking an Intellectual Property Associate Attorney or Patent Agent in Dearborn, Michigan who will contribute to overall success and help secure the bright future of the Firm.
LeClairRyan’s Dearborn, Michigan office is located on Town Center Drive. The office is comprised of approximately six professional support staff and four litigation attorneys whose practice areas include employment, business, construction, consumer financial services, and Intellectual Property and Technology. Members of LeClairRyan’s Detroit office contribute to LeClairRyan’s professional reputation, fostering a team environment focused on maintaining LeClairRyan’s high standards of client service and legal practice.
This position will work with the patent prosecution team on matters primarily relating to the mechanical engineering field. Position will involve U.S. and foreign patent prosecution practice (with an emphasis on patent prosecution and enforcement in China), including inventor interviews, preparation of patent applications, office action responses, and patentability search reports. The position will also provide opportunities to assist on freedom-to-operate, patentability, and inventorship opinions, as well as on various post-issuance practice projects.
• 2+ years of patent prosecution experience required.
• Technical degree in electrical or mechanical engineering required.
• Superior academic credentials and very strong writing skills and oral communication skills.
• Portable business preferred but not required
• Attorney candidates, must be admitted to a state bar and be registered to practice before the USPTO.
• Patent Agent candidates, must be registered to practice before the USPTO.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
Expires on - 06/30/2017Share
Trademark Associate – Brooks Kushman P.C.Details
Brooks Kushman, a full-service intellectual property firm, is seeking an experienced Trademark Attorney to join our growing team in Southfield, MI. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the firm’s trademark practice and work with a team of attorneys to manage international trademark portfolios. He/she will work in a team based environment with several other attorneys on the management of U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios for large corporations.
Brooks Kushman is committed to attracting talented and creative professionals to join our growing practice. We are recognized in Michigan as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For and a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press. We have earned this recognition by recruiting and retaining professionals that continue to build their career at the firm.
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate will have well-developed skills in U.S. and international trademark clearance, counseling, prosecution and enforcement. Experience with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, international disputes, Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy, IP transactions, advertising, marketing and promotions matters, copyright issues, domain name, social media and internet issues is a plus. This position will require direct contact and coordination with overseas associates.
Requirements: The ideal candidate must think creatively and be an avid problem-solver. 3-7 years of experience with trademarks and brand protection is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of dealing with the U.S. Trademark Office in connection with trademark matters. Knowledge of researching acceptable identification of goods/services, writing prosecution arguments, and dealing with US examiners is essential.
Candidates must also have excellent academic credentials, good analytical skills, strong written and oral communications skills, ability to work well in a team based environment, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
Brooks Kushman P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expires on - 09/20/2017Share
Drafting/Illustration – C.A. Design, Inc.Details
C.A. DESIGN, INC. illustrates intellectual property. We serve law firms, major corporations, and small businesses. Our automotive experience is extensive. We use computer assisted drafting software which saves time and facilitates editing. This results in lower costs. Our prices are competitive. One week delivery is normal, and we expedite drawings when necessary. All drawings, invoices, and correspondence may be delivered via the internet or by other expedited means. References available upon request.
8254 West Parkway
Detroit, MI 48239-1156
Phone: (313) 563-5951
Drafting/Illustration – LegalcladDetails
LEGALCAD is the first full service drafting and printing company specifically tailored to serve law firms. Since our inception in 2000, we have provided the legal community an alternative to the traditional vendor. By way of our size, experience, and efficiency, LEGALCAD provides better service, better pricing, and offers a complete solution for your drawing requirements. We manage all forms of illustrations within the legal, business and engineering communities and specialize in patent drawings.Share
Drafting/Illustration – Graphtech Design, Inc.Details
GRAPHTECH DESIGN, INC., a growing patent drafting/ illustrating firm seeks additional clientele in the Detroit Metro area. MIPLA member currently servicing respected IP firms with fast turnaround, accurate work, competitive rates, and excellent references.Share
Product Development and Rapid Prototyping – Beanworks LLCDetails
Our services include:
- 3d/CAD services
- Presentation, visualization and marketing assets
- Rapid Prototype services
- Software development
Beanworks caters to inventors and small companies who require low cost, high quality product development services.
Industrial Design and Product Development – Botzen DesignDetails
Botzen is an Industrial Design studio in the Detroit area specializing in product design and development, and computer visualization. We design consumer products ranging from hard to soft goods and can guide you through the design and manufacturing process. We also have in house rapid prototyping and 3D printing capabilities. Botzen design was founded by Eric Strebel in 1990, designing products ranging from sunglasses for Bauch & Lomb, entry level luxury vehicles for Ford, to the wireless charging PowerMat for Homedics and consulting for Zingermans. He has designed monsters for Clive Barker and recently won the Wildest Concept prize in the Local Motors 2085 Terra prix contest. Currently he consults for various companies in the Detroit area and around the globe.
30516 Everett St.
Southfield, MI 48076
Phone: (248) 202-2201