Patent Developer – UnitedLex (IP Incubator)Details
The Patent Developer (Patent Lawyer) supports an IP Incubator as an embedded client resource. This attorney role will provide full lifecycle patent advice and support client innovation efforts through active participation in the creative process.
• Develop a SMART patent portfolio throughout the lifecycle of each IP asset by owning the process from invention harvesting to final renewal/abandonment decision.
• Develop a deep understanding of the client business and provide value-added services, including but not limited to, Competitive Landscape Analysis (CLA) and patentability counseling.
• Lead and mentor assigned patent agents/engineers to improve quality of invention disclosures and to identify/develop uncaptured or underdeveloped high-value/breakthrough inventions.
• Manage outside counsel preparation and prosecution of patent applications focusing on asset quality and cost control.
• Actively participate in post allowance review process to ensure maximum asset value
• Identify licensing and other monetization opportunities.
• Identify and investigate infringement by others.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the evaluation of threats and/or in-bound licensing requests
• Support IP transactions, including but not limited to, Joint Development Agreements, M&A, Joint Ventures, Asset Transfer Agreements
• Support development of global IP strategy.
• Provide IP counseling to clients in support of business efforts and initiatives.
• BS in Engineering or Computer Science; MA, PhD or other advanced degree a plus
• JD and active licensure in good standing before the bar of at least one US jurisdiction
• Registered to practice before the USPTO
• 3-5 years patent preparation and prosecution at a law firm or in-house
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly, thoroughly and succinctly communicate complex ideas
• Proactive and consultative approach with strong ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing work requirements
• Ability to rapidly learn new skills
• Experience with global filings a strong plus (particularly EPO, Germany, China)
• Prior patent litigation experience a plus
UnitedLex is the leading enterprise legal services provider that drives digital transformation throughout the corporate legal ecosystem. UnitedLex was founded in 2006 with a singular mission to improve the performance of leading corporations, law firms, and academic institutions. Since then, more than 2,700 attorneys, engineers, and consultants across four continents have deployed innovative solutions that deliver unparalleled business impact resulting in risk mitigation, efficiency improvements, and cost optimization for clients around the world.
As a fast-growing company, we are committed to hiring talented individuals, providing a great workplace culture, continuously developing our employees, and providing interesting, challenging, and innovative work. Our global platform is the perfect place for hard-working, forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life to nurture and grow careers.
Expires on - 06/06/2019Share
Patent Associate or Agent- Bejin BienemanDetails
Bejin Bieneman, PLC, is seeking a patent associate or registered patent agent with at least two years’ experience to immediately join the firm. You will prepare and prosecute patent applications in electronics, software, controls, electro-mechanical, and/or the mechanical arts, and may be asked to assist in intellectual property transactions, litigation, and opinion work.
Law school graduates must be admitted to a state bar in addition to having a USPTO registration. A degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or mechanical engineering is required, as is experience drafting patent applications for electrical or computer software inventions.
Bejin Bieneman is a growing and dynamic boutique full-service intellectual property law firm with an international practice based in Southfield, Michigan. We are an equal opportunity employer. Reimbursement for relocation expenses is not available. No recruiters, please.
Please send a resume, transcripts, writing samples, and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Expires on - 08/14/2019Share
Patent Attorney (Electrical or Chemical) – Quinn IP LawDetails
Quinn IP Law is seeking a patent attorney or patent agent registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to join our growing IP practice that is focused on quality rather than billable hours. Our firm offers highly competitive compensation, flexible work hours and opportunities for professional growth.
Candidates should have at least 3 years of domestic and international patent procurement and prosecution experience. A degree in electrical/computer engineering, chemical engineering or material science is required. Candidates who have a JD must be licensed with a state bar.
Preferred candidates will possess outstanding academic credentials, excellent writing and advocacy skills to effectively communicate with inventors, clients, examiners and Quinn IP Law team members and a motivation to deliver high quality work on schedule to clients.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and patent writing samples when applying. All employment inquiries will be kept confidential.
Quinn IP Law is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Expires on - 10/15/2019Share
Drafting/Illustration – Patent DesignsDetails
One look into Patent Designs and you will see very quickly that we offer much more than your average patent drafting company. Patent Designs is a full-service patent drafting firm. We pride ourselves on quick turn-around, experience, unsurpassed quality, and exceptional customer service at a competitive price. Our diversified and ever-expanding team of computer graphic artists, technical illustrators, and CAD operators enable Patent Designs to provide an extensive variety of patent drafting services. There is NEVER a RUSH charge for SAME DAY or NEXT DAY delivery as our team of 65 drafters, coordinators and checkers work around the clock to meet your deadlines!
Expires on - 12/31/2019Share
Drafting/Illustration – C.A. Design, Inc.Details
C.A. DESIGN, INC. illustrates intellectual property. We serve law firms, major corporations, and small businesses. Our automotive experience is extensive. We use computer assisted drafting software which saves time and facilitates editing. This results in lower costs. Our prices are competitive. One week delivery is normal, and we expedite drawings when necessary. All drawings, invoices, and correspondence may be delivered via the internet or by other expedited means. References available upon request.
8254 West Parkway
Detroit, MI 48239-1156
Phone: (313) 563-5951
Drafting/Illustration – LegalcladDetails
LEGALCAD is the first full service drafting and printing company specifically tailored to serve law firms. Since our inception in 2000, we have provided the legal community an alternative to the traditional vendor. By way of our size, experience, and efficiency, LEGALCAD provides better service, better pricing, and offers a complete solution for your drawing requirements. We manage all forms of illustrations within the legal, business and engineering communities and specialize in patent drawings.Share
Drafting/Illustration – Graphtech Design, Inc.Details
GRAPHTECH DESIGN, INC., a growing patent drafting/ illustrating firm seeks additional clientele in the Detroit Metro area. MIPLA member currently servicing respected IP firms with fast turnaround, accurate work, competitive rates, and excellent references.Share
Product Development and Rapid Prototyping – Beanworks LLCDetails
Our services include:
- 3d/CAD services
- Presentation, visualization and marketing assets
- Rapid Prototype services
- Software development
Beanworks caters to inventors and small companies who require low cost, high quality product development services.
Industrial Design and Product Development – Botzen DesignDetails
Botzen is an Industrial Design studio in the Detroit area specializing in product design and development, and computer visualization. We design consumer products ranging from hard to soft goods and can guide you through the design and manufacturing process. We also have in house rapid prototyping and 3D printing capabilities. Botzen design was founded by Eric Strebel in 1990, designing products ranging from sunglasses for Bauch & Lomb, entry level luxury vehicles for Ford, to the wireless charging PowerMat for Homedics and consulting for Zingermans. He has designed monsters for Clive Barker and recently won the Wildest Concept prize in the Local Motors 2085 Terra prix contest. Currently he consults for various companies in the Detroit area and around the globe.
30516 Everett St.
Southfield, MI 48076
Phone: (248) 202-2201