Director of Service Operations for IP Service – Clarivate
As the Director of Service Operations for IP Service, you will be responsible for ensuring Filing and Prosecution, and Docketing Support services are delivered in line with customer expectations and business objectives. This position will be accountable for managing the cost base against budget targets and ensure that all the customer volume demand is delivered through a right sized capacity. All Quality measures need to be in place to satisfy contractual requirements.
The role will support the broader IP Admin strategy through implementation of policy in the relevant team and interpretation of strategic aims inside tactical decision making.
This position is a hybrid role and can be located near our US offices.
About You – experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in business, legal, or another related field
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in operations and delivery in client services, where productivity levels are measured and met.
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience managing high-performing teams.
- Minimum of three (3 years of experience setting performance standards and continuous improvement as well as areas of automation.
It would be great if you also had . . .
- Experience in patent and/or trademark service delivery
- Proven ability to effectively lead, mentor, coach, develop and inspire employees and teams to maximize staff performance through enablement and empowerment.
- Prior experience planning and organizing tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Proficient in operations management, Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other process improvement methodologies.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Responsible for the delivery of the overall operational metrics & contractual KPIs among a distributed US team.
- Ensure delivery of Client KPIs including day to day service levels, customer experience, quality measures and compliance measures. Setting and reviewing Quality performance standards. Setting and reviewing of organizational / productivity objectives in line with the commercial contract
- Responsible for the development of the operational talent pool by optimizing the skills of the existing team, in partnership with our internal recruitment teams to attract the very best external talent, in line with the agreed framework, succession planning will be in place to ensure key roles are filled and individual talent is recognized
- Partner internally across Sales, Customer Success, Service Operations, and Commercial teams with trust and transparency to build cohesive and consistent collaboration in the IP Admin process.
- Drive global and regional standards, best practices and reporting requirements and process optimization to improve our client onboarding experience, shorten delivery time frames, and develop repeatable, scalable processes.
- Ability to demonstrate been able to translate business strategy into day-to-day delivery
- Establish and drive a continuous improvement culture and deliver quantitative and qualitative metrics in areas of Operation Process Efficiency (“OPE”), lead time/turnaround time, NPS and service improvement scores.
About the Team
As a member of the IP Group Senior Management Team, it is essential that effective teamwork is required to deliver on objectives. We deliver exceptional service to our customers through effective, compliant execution. To deliver to our objectives, effective engagement with our business partners in Finance, HR, Customer Service and Sales is critical to build a best-in-class delivery team with appropriate cost control and reporting.
789 Eisenhower Parkway
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone: +1 215-596-6605
Expires on - 05/05/2023