About the Role
As the Legal IP Administrative Assistant will support the VP of Global Intellectual Property and the IP Team with complex administrative and clerical duties, including coordinating large offsite/onsite meetings, preparing presentations, arranging travel, expense reporting, data entry, running complex reports from a database, perform data analysis, and provide other support (including support with Intellectual Property matters) as needed.
This position will report to the Chief IP Officer, VP Global IP, within the Legal Department’s Intellectual Property Group.
What You Will Do
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Chief IP Officer, VP Global IP, such as complex appointment scheduling and calendar management; provide video and teleconference support; make travel arrangements for domestic and international business engagements and create expense reports; create and edit PowerPoint presentations; and provide matter management and case creation in various databases.
- Work in a global team of paralegals; support VP of IP and IP Team in a variety of projects/goals; provide back-up to other paralegals as needed; assist in proactively identifying potential process issues and propose workflow improvements as needed; and provide guidance and direction as needed to other team members regarding record maintenance, system usage, patent data, and HARMAN Legal Dept. procedures.
- Provide support for large offsite and onsite meetings and events, including preparing agendas, taking notes, distributing meeting outcomes, preparing presentations, tracking action items, and communicating statuses; ensure venues, meeting equipment and supplies, refreshments, meals, and social activities are considered and planned for appropriately.
- Assist with coordinating large volumes of information and preparing various presentations, tables, and charts for executive-level review and external reporting.
- Perform complex office tasks, such as managing billing issues, Outside Counsel on-boarding, mail sorting, filing paperwork, operating office machines, and arranging equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Handle data entry, including creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- Running complex reports from a database and coordinating, auditing, and reporting compliance with data quality standards requirements of a database.
- Maintaining positive relationships with vendors, clients, and coworkers.
- Assisting attorneys, paralegals, and IP and Legal Operations with complex projects as needed.
What You Need
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Legal professionals as a Legal Administrative Assistant/Legal Secretary or Paralegal in a law firm servicing international clientele or in-house at a global corporate organization.
- Prior experience providing support to two or more attorneys or other Legal professionals.
- Proficient skills in the use of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint; experience producing graphs and charts required; experience working comfortably in databases and other software programs necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage competing urgent requests, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate professionally with senior management, business colleagues, and outside representatives.
- Experience assisting with or successfully creating and/or modifying processes.
- Aptitude for learning and using new software tools.
- Ability to present new information or train small audiences.
What is Nice to Have
- Some college preferred.
- A command of business and legal terminology preferred.
- Prior experience working in an in-house Legal Department preferred.
- Prior experience working with Intellectual Property preferred.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office located in Novi, Michigan USA.
- Be willing to travel up to 5% domestic and/or international travel.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.).
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
30001 Cabot Drive
Novi, MI 48377
Expires on - 02/13/2024