Patent Prosecution Attorney – Darrow Mustafa PCDetails
Darrow Mustafa P.C. is looking hire an experienced Patent Prosecution Attorney with a degree in computer engineering, computer science, electronics, software, or controls.
This attorney would be tasked with procuring patents in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. In this position, the attorney will work on a wide range of interesting technologies for premium corporate clients.
Preference will be given to candidates who have at least two (2) years of experience, superior academic credentials, and strong writing skills.
Our firm’s corporate client budgets are relatively high for the work performed.
Partnership track has a 1,700 billable hour requirement.
Salary and benefits package are very competitive.
Darrow Mustafa PC is one of the leading intellectual property law boutique firms in the metropolitan Detroit area. Darrow Mustafa PC specializes in both procurement and litigation of intellectual property rights. Our offices are located in beautiful Northville, Michigan, a livable and walkable community in metropolitan Detroit and close to Ann Arbor.
Interested candidates please email resume to email@example.com.
Open to both full and part-time Attorney positions.
Expires on - 04/01/2024Share
Intellectual Property Associate – Electrical – Harness IPDetails
Harness, Dickey & Pierce, an elite intellectual property law firm ranked among the top ten patent law firms in the U.S., has an immediate opening for an associate attorney in its Troy, Michigan office. Qualified candidates will have an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering (an advanced degree is preferred, but not required), state bar U.S.P.T.O. registration, at least 2 years patent preparation and prosecution experience and familiarity with U.S. patent laws. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
This position offers an opportunity to develop a varied and interesting practice preparing and prosecuting patent applications on a range of commercially significant technologies for large- and medium-sized clients from diverse industries including semiconductors, computer-related technologies, telecommunications, consumer electronics, digital image processing, and robotics. Opportunities exist for additional responsibilities and to develop additional skills including formulating patent strategies, conducting patentability and freedom-to-practice studies, preparing opinion letters, conducting due diligence and negotiating technology agreements.Share
Intellectual Property Associate – Mechanical – Harness IPDetails
Harness, Dickey & Pierce, an elite intellectual property law firm ranked among the top ten patent law firms in the U.S., has an immediate opening for an associate attorney in its Troy, Michigan office. Qualified candidates will have an undergraduate degree and/or technical experience in the Mechanical Engineering arts (an advanced degree is preferred, but not required), state bar and U.S.P.T.O. registration, 3-6 years patent preparation and prosecution experience and familiarity with U.S. patent laws. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
This position offers an opportunity to develop a varied and interesting practice preparing and prosecuting patent applications on a range of commercially significant technologies for large- and medium-sized clients from diverse industries including automotive systems, batteries and chargers, fasteners, food processing, furniture, heavy equipment, household products, HVAC, industrial-process handling, medical devices, optics, packaging, power tools, powertrain, process equipment, pumps, valves, refrigeration, sporting equipment, textiles and turf-care products. Opportunities exist for additional responsibilities and to develop additional skills including formulating patent strategies, conducting patentability and freedom-to-practice studies, preparing opinion letters, conducting due diligence and negotiating technology agreements.Share
IP Legal Assistant – Vivacqua Crane PLLCDetails
Vivacqua Crane PLLC, a full-service intellectual property (IP) firm located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, has an immediate opening for an IP legal assistant. The ideal candidate will be an assertive individual who has excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and can work effectively in a collaborative team environment to meet docketing targets. They will receive on-the-job training by working on delegated tasks while becoming acclimated to the firm’s docketing functions and culture. Working in the office from 9 to 5 Monday through Friday is a must.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of docket
- Process incoming domestic and foreign communications and inform attorneys as necessary
- Communicate with clients and foreign associates to ensure all matters are accurately handled in a timely fashion
- Process and docket all new matters and maintain related spreadsheets
- Provide internal and external reports as needed
- Maintain up-to-date dockets for assigned attorneys
- Assist in preparation of legal documents for filing with the USPTO
- Other duties as assigned
- 2- or 4-year Degree or commensurate experience in the IP field
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Self-guided worker able to work under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Able to accurately multi-task multiple duties\
Job type: Full-time
Salary based on experience
Salary: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paralegal: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In Office, Ann Arbor, MIShare
Corporate IP Counsel – GKN AutomotiveDetails
- Provide legal support for IP terms of any contracts or term & conditions as part of general legal reviews.
- Lead the drafting and negotiation of any IP agreements with the support of the Chief IP Counsel.
- Attend to legal formalities with patent documents – assignments, recordation, etc. – Notary Public preferred.
- Review all requests for confidentiality agreements in the region and coordinate a global process and contract management protocols.
- Participate in the Trademark Committee and support management of the GKN Trademark portfolio and GKN Automotive Trademark portfolio via external trademark attorneys.
- Support and advise from a legal perspective on any IP disputes, litigation or licenses.
- Manage external law firms where appropriate and approved by Chief IP Counsel.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Juris Doctorate degree (obtained or in-process)
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, HR, economics, engineering or other relevant degree
- 1+ years relevant experience gained in professional office or law firm
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and apply practical legal analysis to commercial and IP issues
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to work and travel independently
Apply Online HERE
Expires on - 11/30/2023Share
Attorney – Product Regulations/Compliance – ContinentalDetails
Link to Apply https://smrtr.io/gBrLZ
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Attorney -Regulatory/Compliance to join our Group Compliance, Law & Intellectual Property team. The ideal candidate has experience in technical product compliance and interfacing with U.S. authorities such as NHTSA and FCC.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
This position may also be stationed in Fort Mill, SC; Deer Park, MI; and Fairlawn, Ohio.
- Lead legal support in all US and Canadian related issues of technical Product Compliance, in particular for the Quality-relevant departments, as well as the respective operational units
- Lead interface with US authorities (including but not limited to NHTSA and FCC) and Canadian authorities (including but not limited to Transport Canada)
- Support product recalls and product integrity issues in the US and Canada
- Independently handle all regulatory authority (e.g., NHTSA and Transport Canada) inquires, including but not limited, investigations and technical support
- Independent and continuous analysis, monitoring, and evaluation of relevant legal regulations in the US and Canada, including current developments at legislative levels
- Independent legal evaluation of actual and potential risks and liabilities, as well as the development of methods, processes, procedures, and systems to ensure compliance for all Group Sectors (e.g., overall risk management system)
- Independent preparation of general legal and business guidelines and legal expert opinions taking into account current legal developments and legislative developments (actual and anticipated)
- Support the constant evolution of an appropriate risk management system
- Independent legal evaluation and interpretation of technical and environmental regulations, rules and guidelines impacting daily operations, including real property transactions and management
- Support regional commercial attorneys to review, negotiate and/or draft various terms and conditions related to product and regulatory compliance in commercial contracts with customers, suppliers, and professional associations
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day advice, together with strategic advice to minimize legal risks and liabilities while advancing business goals and initiatives
- Counsel and train employees on relevant regulatory compliance issues, best practices, and corporate strategies
- Develop and organize training courses to ensure legal and product compliance, best practices, and corporate strategies
- Closely collaborate with and exchange appropriate information among all lawyers within the Technical Regulatory team (and where applicable, the regional commercial team in the US)
- Create trust, confidence, and respect with key stakeholders internally (e.g., general managers, BA heads, other central functions such as Compliance, IP, Finance, Tax) and externally (suppliers, customers, external counsel, professional associations)
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management in complex matters with significant risk potential
- Anticipate product compliance issues and opportunities; assess risks, evaluate, and weigh multiple business and regulatory inputs and impacts of possible decisions or outcomes to propose appropriate mitigating and/or facilitating courses of action
- Identify solutions to minimize risks as well as develop proposals for efficient and effective internal decision making
- Independent selection, monitoring, billing and evaluation of US and Canadian external attorneys in the above-mentioned areas
- Represent Continental in professional associations in the area of legal product compliance) as well as provide legal advice for internal clients related to professional associations work, they are participating
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctorate Degree with license to practice law in the United States.
- Minimum 7 years of professional working experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with product compliance interfacing with NHTSA, FDA and/or FCC.
- Ability to travel estimated 15% – 30% internationally.
- Proficient in English; German language skills a plus.
- Must have ability to explain complex regulations and/or challenging issues in a clear manner to all levels of the organization, including the Executive Board and Senior Management
- Must have ability to work with international clients and colleagues as well as, travel both within the US and internationally on a regular basis
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must have flexible work schedule, accepting calls and/or meeting invitations outside of regular working hours
- In-depth understanding of and interest in technical subjects
- High level of interdisciplinary teamwork skills
***Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Link to Apply https://smrtr.io/gBrLZShare
Legal Administrative Assistant – IP – Harman InternationalDetails
About the Role
As the Legal IP Administrative Assistant will support the VP of Global Intellectual Property and the IP Team with complex administrative and clerical duties, including coordinating large offsite/onsite meetings, preparing presentations, arranging travel, expense reporting, data entry, running complex reports from a database, perform data analysis, and provide other support (including support with Intellectual Property matters) as needed.
This position will report to the Chief IP Officer, VP Global IP, within the Legal Department’s Intellectual Property Group.
What You Will Do
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Chief IP Officer, VP Global IP, such as complex appointment scheduling and calendar management; provide video and teleconference support; make travel arrangements for domestic and international business engagements and create expense reports; create and edit PowerPoint presentations; and provide matter management and case creation in various databases.
- Work in a global team of paralegals; support VP of IP and IP Team in a variety of projects/goals; provide back-up to other paralegals as needed; assist in proactively identifying potential process issues and propose workflow improvements as needed; and provide guidance and direction as needed to other team members regarding record maintenance, system usage, patent data, and HARMAN Legal Dept. procedures.
- Provide support for large offsite and onsite meetings and events, including preparing agendas, taking notes, distributing meeting outcomes, preparing presentations, tracking action items, and communicating statuses; ensure venues, meeting equipment and supplies, refreshments, meals, and social activities are considered and planned for appropriately.
- Assist with coordinating large volumes of information and preparing various presentations, tables, and charts for executive-level review and external reporting.
- Perform complex office tasks, such as managing billing issues, Outside Counsel on-boarding, mail sorting, filing paperwork, operating office machines, and arranging equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Handle data entry, including creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- Running complex reports from a database and coordinating, auditing, and reporting compliance with data quality standards requirements of a database.
- Maintaining positive relationships with vendors, clients, and coworkers.
- Assisting attorneys, paralegals, and IP and Legal Operations with complex projects as needed.
What You Need
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Legal professionals as a Legal Administrative Assistant/Legal Secretary or Paralegal in a law firm servicing international clientele or in-house at a global corporate organization.
- Prior experience providing support to two or more attorneys or other Legal professionals.
- Proficient skills in the use of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint; experience producing graphs and charts required; experience working comfortably in databases and other software programs necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage competing urgent requests, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate professionally with senior management, business colleagues, and outside representatives.
- Experience assisting with or successfully creating and/or modifying processes.
- Aptitude for learning and using new software tools.
- Ability to present new information or train small audiences.
What is Nice to Have
- Some college preferred.
- A command of business and legal terminology preferred.
- Prior experience working in an in-house Legal Department preferred.
- Prior experience working with Intellectual Property preferred.
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to work in an office located in Novi, Michigan USA.
- Be willing to travel up to 5% domestic and/or international travel.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.).
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies.
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
30001 Cabot Drive
Novi, MI 48377
Expires on - 02/13/2024Share
Attorney – Patents – Continental AutomotiveDetails
|Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Attorney – Patents to join our Group Compliance, Law & Intellectual Property team. The ideal candidate has patent application preparation and prosecution experience.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Use Link to Apply:
Attorney – Anti-Trust – Continental AutomotiveDetails
|Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and experienced Sr. Attorney to join our Group Compliance, Law & Intellectual Property team. The ideal candidate has experience in anti-trust matters and contract negotiations
Are you ready to shape the future with us?BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree
• Juris Doctorate Degree with a license to practice law in the United States (Michigan, South Carolina, Ohio, or Illinois preferred).
• Minimum 7 years’ professional working experience & 3 years of substantive employment experience with a corporate legal department or a law firm
• Minimum 2 years’ practical experience with antitrust matters (horizontal & vertical aspects, market dominance, cartel litigation, antitrust investigations, trainings in antitrust matters, antitrust due diligence).
• Strong intercultural competence.
• Demonstrated excellent legal knowledge in antitrust matters, sound knowledge in related legal matters such as M&A, IP, commercial law etc.,
• Deep understanding of the business, products and markets of an automotive supplier and sound strategic thinking with outstanding organizational and analytical skills for detailed and results-orientated solutions.
• Strong team player with willingness and ability to work in an international environment.
• Ability and willingness to travel.